The advertisements in Windows Live Messenger, the popular instant messaging program, can be very irritating, especially when you just want a clean look for your chat windows and contact list.
There is a way to remove the ads, using a free program called A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger.
This program is 166 kB, and it doesn’t require an installation, so it simply patches your Messenger install, and then it is done! You can then erase the executable from your computer, and then nobody will know that it was ever there, except for the fact that you’ll notice that the ads are gone from Messenger.
Here’s the list of all the possible options that you can choose to patch using this tool:
- Remove Advertisements (inside Contact List)
- Remove What’s Hot Section
- Remove Nudge Delay (allow you to spam your buddies with nudges :D)
- Disable Nudge Shake (disables the window shake when nudges are received)
- Accept more than 3 files (transfers) at a time
- Polygamy (log in to two messenger accounts at once
- Shorten Status Info in Info Bar
- Remove Advertisements (inside Convo)
- Remove “says” text (english only!)
- Remove Billing Info Menus
- Disable Photo Sharing (so people can’t spam you with photos)
This tools violates Microsoft’s EULA, so we’re not responsible if you get in trouble!