OK, in my last jailbreak article I taught you how to use redsn0w to jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone.
In this article I will be showing you a whole new way to jailbreak your iDevice… OK here are some things you need to do:
- Update iTunes to it’s latest version.
- Update your device to firmware 3.1.2
- WARNING: DO NOT, I REPEAT NOT UPGRADE TO FIRMWARE 3.1.3 IT IS A FIRMWARE THAT DOES NOTHING AND STOPS BLACKRA1N FROM WORKING.
- Download Blackra1n from here either for MS Windows or Mac OS sorry – Linux not supported.
and your ready to jailbreak.
- Open iTunes and make sure your devices firmware is 3.1.2 not 3.1.3
- Quit iTunes and launch blackra1n.
- Hit “make it ra1n”
- Your device will reboot.
- A window will pop-up asking you to donate if this was the fastest jailbreak you ever had.
- On your Device go to the second page and look for the Blackra1n app.
- Launch it
- From here you can install Cydia, or rock, (I like rock) or blacksn0w to unlock your iPhone (use it with other carriers)
- Click uninstall blackrain. NO IT WILL NOT DELETE THE JAILBREAK, JUST THE INSTALL APP.
- Now go into rock, create a RockID and download away!
EASY AS PIE!